Monday, January 16, 2012

How much is it?

Friday night I had to run out and on my way home I stopped into Dairy Queen.  We don't often have ice-cream in the house and despite living near many fast food places, don't often frequent them. Friday night we deserved a treat! 

I ordered three blizzards and headed home. I knew that I would be met by two happy young men.  I was right. I had chose the right flavors for each child.  The next thing was to figure out the carbs for my son. 

I asked him "How much do you think that is?" 

His friend instantly replied, "They cost a lot!"

I laughed to myself.  We were looking at the carb count and that was the furthest thing from this boy's young mind. That was great!  

I smiled at my son and pulled out my phone to search for the carbs.  We established it was around 64 grams.  The other boy had now realized what we were talking about and was shocked to know that his ice-cream was so high in energy.  I know it didn't diminish the flavor for any of us!

We all enjoyed our treat and it was refreshing to see a "diabetes free" perspective on a question my son and I ask each other numerous times each day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment